Up to 75 percent of the net income from each domestic Affiliate Race stays in the local community to fund breast health education, breast cancer screening and treatment projects.
Community Profile for Download
The 2011 Community Profile is a needs assessment document that provides an overview of Komen’s grant-making priorities and the breast health needs in our service area. Please familiarize yourself with this document before developing your applications.
Brief Summary of Priorities
Based on the Community Profile, Komen Amarillo has identified the five funding priority areas.
1. Increase the number of mammograms provided to women living in the Texas Panhandle.
2. Increase women’s access to breast health services.
3. Increase the number of free or reduced-cost mammograms provided to underserved populations.
4. Increase the number of underserved women who receive breast health information and breast health services.
5. Increase the number of partnerships –especially with rural health providers– to provide breast health information.
2015 Community Profile